CF8M SS Flanged Y-Strainer Class 150#
Download YS41W6F/150 Flanged Wye Strainer Cut Sheet.
Download CF8M Flanged Wye Strainer ANSI 150 Product Literature.
CF8M SS Flanged Y-Strainer Class 300#
Download YS41W6F/300 Flanged Wye Strainer Cut Sheet.
Download CF8M Flanged Wye Strainer ANSI 300 Product Literature.
- - ANIX Stainless Steel SS Flanged Y- Strainer Class 150 / Class 300
- - Stainless Steel, CFM, SS Body
- - Standard screen / basket: Mesh 60
- - Optional Mesh: 20/40/60/80/100
- - Design according to ASME B16.34
- - Test and Inspection in accordance with API 598
- - End Flange Connection ASME B16.5
- - Working Pressure Class 150 / Class 300
- - Temperature range : -20F to 320F
- - Applicable medium : Water, Oil and Gas
Stay flow Y strainers (wye strainers) remove any particles or solids from flowing liquid, gases or steam piping systems with the use of a straining basket made up of a wire mesh which is used to filter out solids and particles to protect equipment. Their names come from their body design, as the body is shaped as a "Y". Y strainers (wye strainers) are most often used for filtering out solids out of gases, steam or liquid. These strainers are usually made out of one of four materials stainless steel (CF8M), iron, bronze or carbon steel (WCB). Carbon steel (WCB) is used most often because it is sold at low cost and has the least chance of corrosion. Carbon steel (WCB) is used when higher temperatures are present, which makes them popular in the oil and petrochemical industries. Bronze handles mechanical and thermal shock better than iron, and is better in most corrosive places, but the temperature range is limited. Stainless steel (CF8M) is often used in places where corrosion could be an issue, and is commonly used in the pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. They are manufactured with a wide selection of different end connections, including welded, threaded, and flanged.